See Larry on Vizify
Larry Krieger is a renowned author and educator whose books and workshops have helped thousands of students achieve high scores on SAT and AP tests.
Larry Krieger, the founder of InsiderTestPrep, has taught SAT classes for over 20 years and AP classes for over 35 years. Larry was born and raised in North Carolina. Larry earned a BA in history and an MAT in social studies education from the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also earned a MA in sociology at Wake
His teaching career began in 1970 at Olympic High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. During the next 35 years Larry taught urban, rural, and suburban students in North Carolina and New Jersey. Larry taught a variety of AP subjects including American History, World History, European History, American Government, and Art History. His popular courses were renowned for their energetic presentations, commitment to scholarship, and dedication to excellence.
In 2004 and 2005 the College Board recognized Larry as one of
America’s most successful AP teachers. Larry is the author of several US History, World History, AP prep, and SAT prep books that are used throughout the U.S. and around the world.
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Larry
- I am an amateur gardener. I plant hundreds of annuals each summer.
- My favorite TV shows right now are Revenge, Once Upon a Time, and Survivor.
- College football is my favorite spectator sport.
- My favorite desert is rice pudding with vanilla ice cream.
- I love visiting art museums with my wife. Our favorite museum is the MET in New York City.
- I feed the wildlife so much food that the guys at the Belle Meade Co-op call me “Whole Corn Larry.”
- My secret wish is to be a good dancer.
- I have spoken to teachers and students in every state except Alaska and Hawaii.
- My favorite cities are Vancouver, Sydney, and Rome.
- My favorite book is Will Durant’s The Story of Civilization.
- My wife and I have a beloved pet cat named Miss Ellie. She loves to sit in a special spot and watch me write.
- I handwrite all my books and then type them up on an iMac.
- Swimming is my favorite exercise.
- When I was a teenager I worked at KFC.
- My personal library includes over 2,000 books.